Sensing Friends Administrative Job Specification
Sensing Friends objectives and aims is to provide emotional therapeutic support for young people experiencing sensory needs, who are vulnerable to isolation, low self esteem and social exclusion.
We are a unique organisation that works within nature and creativity to provide this support.
The role of administrator is to provide administrative duties that will support the experienced/ trained counsellors, social workers, horticultural therapists, creative art workers and musicians work at Sensing Friends . The administrator will be answerable to the directing lead and directing team, as well the trustees.
We have an egalitarian code of practice that is empowering for all who engage within Sensing Friends. Our code of practice upholds transparency and inclusion for all, at all times.
- Responding to general Sensing Friends communications, face to face, via telephone and electronic communications.
- Providing general support in terms of bookkeeping
- Taking essential notes and minutes at meetings
- Updating records
- Assisting in delivering DBS checks, insurance updates and other essential record keeping, legal requirements and policy making.
- Assisting in researching necessary information regarding our responsibility as an organisation within the charity sector.
- Assisting in all communications to our beneficiaries and the community
- Assisting in updating and reporting to our funders and other professionals and outside organisation
Administrator Key Skills and Experience
- A background knowledge of the non for profit/ charity sector
- Good working knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good written English and typing skills
- Bookkeeping skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as a team member in a collaborative way
- Willing to be DBS checked.
- Good working knowledge of using database systems for updating records
- Experience of creating promotional material
- Ability to carry out relevant research using own initiative
- Experience and understanding of working with vulnerable individuals, with sensitive and highly confidential material
- Understanding of dealing with administrative information regarding Safeguarding procedures.
- Understanding of GDPR legislation and relevant administration related to this, in relation to the charity sector.
- Background understanding of policy and procedure in relation to the charity sector.
- Up to date DBS check
SALARY: £10 per hour
WORKING HOURS: 5 hours per week (part-time) flexible
CONTRACT TYPE: 12 months freelance contract with the possibility of extension dependent upon available funding.
PLACE OF WORK: home based and some on sight ( Moulsecoomb Forest Garden)
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Some travel will be expected e.g. for external meeting and events.