There are a total of 9 sessions including an initial introduction session. In between these sessions there are opportunities for building connection and deeper friendship in the form of evening drop ins where family and friends are welcome.
The Sensing Friends yearly program is based on Jungian and Gestalt theraputic models.
1. Awakening/ Sensing.
2. Awareness and Recognition of ourselves, environment and others within it .
3. Motivation and Mobilisation of ourselves relating to our awareness and recognition of others and environment.
4. Power and Action, our own presence and involvement within the bigger picture
5. Abundance and Sharing together
6. Experiencing gratitude and satisfaction together.
7. Reflection/ looking within, relating to our past and roots.
8. Stillness and finding internal sanctuary within.
Our cycle focuses on self reflection and self awareness. It also highlights that our internal patterns, relationships and relationship to our environment are not linear and puts emphasis on our own instincts to move through life in a cyclical fashion, often returning to a rejuvenated place after self reflection or withdrawal.
As well as providing an opportunity for the young people to form deeper connection with themselves, their peers and their natural environment our sessions also offer vital respite for parents and carers, allowing them to recharge and feel rejuvenated which helps to facilitated more rewarding family relating and connecting.