Sensing Friends currently has the following temporary vacancy.
Sensing Friends Temporary Administrative Coordinator Job Specification
Sensing Friends objectives and aims are to provide emotional, therapeutic support for young people experiencing sensory needs, who are vulnerable to isolation, low self esteem and social exclusion. We are a unique organisation that works within nature and creativity to provide this support on a 1:1 and group support basis.
Our organisation is looking for an experienced administrator to join our team, on a part time, temporary basis (maternity cover). The role will be based remotely on a 3-5 months self employed contract and upon completion of the temporary contact, subject to funding, could be extended into a permanent, self employed role as organisational and administrative coordinator, supporting the admin and counselling team.
As administrator/support coordinator, you will be answerable to the directing lead and team, as well as the trustees. In this role, you will be providing admin and coordinating support to our counsellors, social workers, horticultural therapists, creative art workers and musicians, working at Sensing Friends.
Sensing Friends has a strong egalitarian code of practice. We work together as a collaborative team rather than a hierarchical structure. Our ethos ensures that we work together empowering all who engage within Sensing Friends. Our code of practice upholds transparency and inclusion for all, at all times.
- Responding to general Sensing Friends communications, face to face, via telephone and electronic communications.
- Providing general support in terms of bookkeeping
- Taking essential notes and minutes at meetings
- Updating organisational records from incoming referrals and third parties.
- Assisting in delivering DBS checks, insurance updates and other essential record keeping.
- Assisting in all communications to our beneficiaries and the community
- Updating and reporting to our funders and other professionals, outside the organisation
- Assisting and overseeing the day to day running and organisation of Sensing Friends, including communication with team members and planning of events and group sessions.
- Research and creation of funding applications
- Creation and updates of policy making and implementation
- Ensuring our website and social media accounts are updated regularly.
- Meeting remotely with and working alongside the organisational lead.
Key Skills and Experience
- A background knowledge of the non for profit/ charity sector
- Good working knowledge and experience of using Gmail and google drive
- Good working knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good written English and typing skills
- Bookkeeping skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as a team member in a collaborative way
- Willing to be DBS checked.
- Experience of creating promotional material (through applications such as canva and word)
- Ability to carry out relevant research using own initiative
- Experience and understanding of working with vulnerable individuals.
- Understanding of dealing with administrative information regarding Safeguarding procedures.
- Understanding of GDPR legislation and relevant administration related to this, in relation to the charity sector.
- Background understanding of policy and procedure in relation to the charity sector.
- Up to date DBS check
- Administration and/or coordination experience
- Project management experience
- Budgeting and bookkeeping management experience.
- Understanding of working within a confidential mental health therapeutic framework
SALARY: £ 15 per hour
WORKING HOURS: 10 hours per week (part-time) flexible, remote working.
CONTRACT TYPE: 3- 5 months freelance contract with the possibility of extension dependent upon available funding.
PLACE OF WORK: Home based and some on sight meetings in Brighton
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Some occasional travel will be expected e.g. for external meetings and events.
Closing date for applications is 5pm, 8th May.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for
a) Job Pack with expression of interest application if you are an internal applicant or have worked in the past with Sensing Friends and are known to the organisation
b) Job Pack with full application if you are external.
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com to clarify which application you will need.