AGM Jan 2019
Sensing Friends Annual General Meeting Jan 2019 Present: Emma, Kay, Daisy, Pat, Will, Moira, Pete and Penny Discussed
- Current status and run through of Sensing Friends work last year, the successes and any problems that occurred. • General feeling that it has been a big success and that all the children had grown together and formed some important friendships. We all agreed that we had achieved more than we had imagined with the young people, we had reached our mission to bring these young people together to form deeper friendships and understand each other better. Pat pointed out that it was interesting and important to notice how comfortable the children had come to be with each other. There had been one incident where one of the young people had been unwell during the session due to ill health at the time. We agreed that we had handled this well as a team and had all the resources and methods at hand, including all being properly trained/ experienced, to have handled this very well, keeping all the children safe. In light of the risk that came up through this particular incident we also agreed and affirmed that it was essential to continue being mindful of checking the garden at the beginning of session and during session for all possible hazards for young people including such situations as having seizures.
- Current funding bid with Big lottery and reaching communities
- The question was raised about what work we would need to do if we were successful with the funding bid? • What does the Big lottery want from Sensing Freinds in terms of structure, policy making, registering as charity, admin and reporting in order to meet the funding requirement of Reaching Communities? Penny to clarify this with the Reaching Communities team and to also let BLF know about our decision to go down charity status.
- Current financial situation At the time of the meeting the balance currently in the bank is just over £6’250 We agree that some of this money needs to be kept in reserves for insurance next year, DBS, online management system for record keeping and to also pay for Moira’s and Wills training. All felt that some money would be well spent on a reunion for the children. We talked about reunion ideas and maybe doing this in a location that is away from MFG so that it does not confuse youngsters in terms of the restarting of the CoF before we have got conformation of a further possible CoF for 2019. One suggestion was at Starnash farm. Daisy also suggested possibly offering a really lovely and cheep reunion at her house with her lovely dogs. We talked about possibly doing this in February.
- Re electing Trustees and Members All trustees and committee members agreed to be re voted in. Trustees Peter Daisy Penny Committee Members Kay Emma Pat Will Moira
- Decision and voting on status, Charitable or Community Interest. We all agreed unanimously, after considering the options of CIC or CIO, that we want to move forward with CIO Associative model, where both trustees and committee member have voting rights
- Any other business. No other business